Q: Lighting bolt came on after changing out alternator, what may that mean?

I just changed my 145 amp's Alternator out with a new 160 amp's and new belt. Will that cause a problem in my truck?

Although the two alternators may look the same and fit the same your vehicle was equipped with the less amperage alternator. The alternator is controlled by the computer and may not charge correctly if the wrong one. Have the system scanned to see if the computer sees the new one as a problem. You may not be able to use a larger one.

3. Lighting bolt came on after changing out alternator, what may that mean?