Q: left the ignition key on ..no crank no start

no crank no start 2005 volvo xc90. I left the key in the run position. I thought it was the battery .. not the battery or starter and all the fuses work. ecm ?? no idea need help asap..i am unable to afford a volvo dealer

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2005 Volvo XC90. This is a common issue with many Volvo models and is often times easily fixed by tapping the key a few times with the end of a screwdriver handle. What often times happens with these is there is a connector between the antenna ring and the wiring harness that sometimes gets dirty and creates a bad connection. I would recommend spraying contact cleaner and re-seating to fix the problem. What happens usually when tapping it with the end of a screwdriver is that the vibration of the tapping is usually enough to overcome the resistance which allows the key to be recognized by the car's computer. If you still need help diagnosing your car's no-start condition, have a certified technician from YourMechanic check your car at your home or office.