Q: Left back is grinding and wobbling like crazy, what could it be?

Was driving home, back left side started grinding and wobbling horribly. What is wrong?

Hi, thanks for writing in. So long as the wheel and lug nuts are tight, the most common cause for grinding is worn brake pads or shoes, depending whether your vehicle has rear drum or disc brakes. When the brake friction material is worn away, the metal backing plates of disc brake pads or drum brake shoes, will start rubbing on the drum or disc. That will give you a grinding sound and vibration. Continued driving will cause more damage and will likely become a safety hazard. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform a brake system inspection for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs needed.