Q: LED adaptive headlights do not coordinate with steering angle

I know that the LED adaptive headlights, when activated, are designed to coordinate with the steering angle, however mine do not. I set them to automatic mode and the headlights illuminate in the same direction that the car is facing, partially blinding oncoming drivers. The manual also states that when I start the car, I should be able to see the lamps track to a “predetermined position” then center. The feature does not function in my car. As it suggested, I drove 5 mph and sharply turned the steering wheel into a shallow turn. There is an entire sub menu specifically for adaptive lighting as shown in the manual. My car does not show such a menu. Plus, in addition to the analog speedometer in the settings menu, there is supposed to be a digital speedometer - not in my vehicle. In order to activate this feature, the manual explains that I need to go to the settings menu under trip 1 trip 2 and select the feature. It is not there. This makes it seriously difficult when driving, to look down at the tiny numbers on the analog speedometer and takes my attention away from the road. What can I do to activate these features so I will be able to drive more safely?

Not all vehicles will be equipped with the same options. The owner’s manual is designed to cover all 2016 Lincoln MKS trim levels. This means there will be information in the manual that may not apply to your vehicle. If there truly is a problem with your vehicle, I suggest you take it to the dealer as it is still under warranty. They may be able to help clarify some operating procedures for you as well.