Q: Learning to drive stick with e-brakes on a manual transmisson car

Hello can I practice shifting gears and using the clutch with the car running as long as the emergency brake is up, its not the same with the car turned off for me will it cause problems if the car is running

As long as you do not let out the clutch with the car running, it will stall the engine and could damage the transmission or the clutch. Make sure that you practice driving manual with someone who is experienced with driving stick, so they can guide you with operation of the car and help ensure that you are driving safe.

3. Learning to drive stick with e-brakes on a manual transmisson car