Q: leaks water

I have a 1995 ford f-150. It was over heating and the guy said i needed a new thermostat so i put one on then drove it around a couple hours later i pulled in to the gas station and there was a big amount of water leaking on the passenger side by the motor mount my thermostat and water pump is fine and i think all the frezze plug are there and now it leaks when the engine is warm. Can the frezze plug rust holes in them or crack block? What you guys think?

It is very possible for freeze plugs to develop leaks in your F-150. The plugs are made of galvanized steel and over time they will rust. However if the cooling system has the proper type and mixture of coolant, then the chances of them rusting does drop dramatically. Freeze plugs or expansion plugs are easily replaceable and if this is the case for your Ford F-150, it is a great opportunity to have your engine’s coolant passages flushed out before installing the new freeze plug.

In regards to the unknown leak that is leaving puddles under your truck, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to go over this in person. Once on site, they will be able visually inspect your cooling system, as well as use a cooling system pressure tester to pressurize the system for those hard to spot leaks. Once the mechanic identifies the source of the leak, they will be able to tell you exactly what is needed as well as perform the repairs needed to keep your F-150 from overheating.