Q: Unidentified oil leak

Hello,

I have the above vehicle. It is leaking oil. It was stated from the previous owner that "leak is from the rear engine oil mount".

What is that and where would I find it on this vehicle? Not even sure what this is for.

I’m afraid the previous owner is not going to be much help on this one. It sounds like they may have been confused and combined a few unrelated terms to describe a part that doesn’t exist. The first step to identifying an oil leak is to put a piece of paper or cardboard down under the car and let the oil drip on it. this can give you an approximate location so you will know where to begin. You will probably have to jack up the car and get underneath to pinpoint it further. That’s a pretty messy business and can be confusing for someone not familiar with the machine. If you want to leave it to a professional, contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your oil leak and tell you what you need to do.