Q: Leaking transmission fluid on road trip in California and car overheated and stalled. How much should I expect to pay to fix

Cracked hoses leaking transmission fluid, car overheated and stalled

Hi there. Depending on what damage occurred during your overheating issue, repairs could include head gasket replacement and other internal engine components; which is typically more than $2,000.00. In some cases, repairs are minor; and could be completed for less than $300. I think it’s best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a overheating inspection; so they can determine what is damaged and what repairs are needed.

• Leaking transmission fluid on road trip in California and car overheated and stalled. How much should I expect to pay to fix