Q: Leaking trans fluid

I have had the fluid and gasket changed 2 times at 2 different shops thinking the 1st shop messed up (duh) I was wrong, I still have a leak. The leak is coming from the pan area but the pan bolts and pan seem to be dry. The skid plate is the area it is dripping from. Not a very bad puddle but it is dripping. Seems to drip after driving and it is parked. I have washed the under carriage to get a clear vision no luck, did not show a pan problem. I have tried a Blue Devil trans stop leak as prescribe still leaks. Thanks for you help.

A: Hello. The vehicle would need to be fully l...

Hello. The vehicle would need to be fully looked at the be able to find the source of the leak. In some cases dye needs to be added to the fluid and then the vehicle reinspected with a UV light to find the leak.

If the pan is fine then the most common leak on this transmission is the front seal. This is the seal that seals the torque converter to the housing. The transmission would need to be removed to replace this seal.

If you'd like to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and pinpoint the transmission leak firsthand for an accurate repair.