Q: Leaking oil, now the clutch is acting up

I have a 2002 Ford Mustang v6 manual that has been leaking oil and have noticed a noise in front of the engine under the dash board. Now the clutch is acting up more and more with less oil. If I add more oil can this help with the noise and be a temporary fix until I get it fix?

Your car has a mechanical, self adjusting (that is, not "hydraulic oil") clutch control system so no oil is involved.

However, your transmission is filled with gear oil and if the leak you are seeing is partly gear oil, that could possibly be related to any shifting issues you are having.

Driving with low transmission gear oil could damage the transmission so that should be checked out.

Engine oil leaks have no relationship to manual transmission problems excepting the possibility that if you have a rear main oil seal leak on the crankshaft that could contaminate the clutch facing but that is not highly likely.

If you don’t have a transmission oil leak, and are still having problems with the clutch, then I would have the car diagnosed firsthand by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.