Q: Leaking fluids

The temperature gauge would fluctuate some over the middle we changed thermostat went on 20 hour trip and it started making noise and leaking antifreeze

A: It sounds like the car likely overheated pr...

It sounds like the car likely overheated pretty badly. The thermostat is not the only potential cause for an overheating vehicle, so replacing the thermostat may have done nothing to help the problem. It is possible for the car to have overheated, and for the temperature sensor not to have registered the temperature properly, not allowing a light to come on. It could have a failed water pump, a plugged radiator, failed cooling fans, failed head gaskets, or a number of other issues. You should have the cause of the overheating issue properly diagnosed by a qualified technician, as well as having the motor checked for other potential damage caused by overheating the vehicle. The tech will start by filling the cooling system, pressure checking it for leaks, and running it to see if the thermostat opens and if the fans work.