Q: Leaking coolant using water

My coolant has been leaking from my radiator in my BMW. I'm only putting in water right now. My car goes through it fast, so I have to keep adding water. Do you have any ideas on this problem? Thanks.

A: Hello. It sounds like you have a simple and...

Hello. It sounds like you have a simple and straightforward problem. The radiator may be leaking because of the age of your BMW 745Li, and likely needs to be replaced. When the radiator is replaced, it is a good idea to also have the upper and lower radiator hoses replaced as these may be contributing to the problem. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, assist you with the radiator replacement and radiator hose replacement.