Q: Leak under the back door on passenger side - 1986 Buick Electra Park Avenue 3.8 L V6

My car has gone around 170,000 miles. It sat for several years and needs major repairs done on it. As I'm not actually very mechanical, I'm in need of advice on what these repairs should be. I've noticed that there is a leak under the back door on the passenger's side. I'm not sure what might be leaking. The gas that's in the car is several years old. As I inherited the vehicle, I would like to get it running. What do you suggest?

Hello. The fuel and the fluids need to be changed first before you can start the engine. Once it can be started, you would be able to see if there are any other issues with the car. Being that it has sat for some time there may be quite a few issues to take care of. If you want some assistance with this, consider a certified technician from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or office, inspect the leaking, and make necessary repairs to the car.

3. Leak under the back door on passenger side - 1986 Buick Electra Park Avenue 3.8 L V6