Q: Leak in the braking system

I think I have a leak somewhere in the braking system but I can't find any leaks. I have disc rotors in the front, drums on the back, brake fluid got down half an inch with the pads that are worn.

A: Generally, that’s the brake master cylinder...

Generally, that’s the brake master cylinder, and when they leak, they leak into the booster. So what you might try to do is take the master cylinder off and see if the inside is wet. Take a flashlight and look inside the booster and if you see fluid in there, you’ll now that it’s leaking. When it is leaking fluid and you cannot see it, it is almost always the booster when the master cylinder is leaking into the booster. You can’t see inside because it is a sealed part of the system. If you want to have this verified, I recommend getting the vehicle checked by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose the leak and determine what needs to repair.