Q: Q: leak in oil pan

I have a rust spot on the bottom of my oil pan that is leaking. I took it to a few different places and was quoted anywhere from $700-1200. This seems pretty steep. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to change.

This is a fairly simple repair in terms of labor. The oil must be drained and then the pan comes of with a number of bolts and is very straightforward. The largest expense with this repair will likely be the cost of the oil pan. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to help you with the oil pan replacement on your vehicle.

Mr Goeser

Thank you for contacting YourMechanic. We have your quote available and can be accessed by following the attached link.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at 1.800.701.6230

3. Q: leak in oil pan