Q: leak in oil pan

I have a rust spot on the bottom of my oil pan that is leaking. I took it to a few different places and was quoted anywhere from $700-1200. This seems pretty steep. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to change.

A: This is a fairly simple repair in terms of ...

This is a fairly simple repair in terms of labor. The oil must be drained and then the pan comes of with a number of bolts and is very straightforward. The largest expense with this repair will likely be the cost of the oil pan. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to help you with the oil pan replacement on your vehicle.

Recommended services
Get a Quote

A: Mr Goeser Thank you for contacting YourMec...

Mr Goeser

Thank you for contacting YourMechanic. We have your quote available and can be accessed by following the attached link.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/book/?case_id=1404079&access_token=XAEM8g

If you have any questions, please contact our office at 1.800.701.6230