Q: Lawnmower sound on acceleration. Staggers to pick up speed. Does this randomly.

Lawnmower sound on accelerate. Staggers to pick up speed. Does this randomly.

A: You need to have the exhaust catalyst check...

You need to have the exhaust catalyst checked to see if it is coming apart. The coil grounds on that side of the engine block also need to be checked for bad crimps, and loose or broken grounds. This may be the cause of the bad catalyst. I'd recommend having the vehicle looked at by a certified technician, they will be able to pinpoint the source of the sound and fix the hesitation your engine is experiencing.