Q: Lane changing warning signal volume too low for safety

When there is background road noise, the lane-change warning signal volume level is much too soft and mostly undetectable. This warning signal is designed to increase safety, but mine does not since it is almost undetectable while driving. I came very close to an accident because I was depending on the alert and I could not hear it. My previous vehicle had a nice volume that I could hear very well. I went to the dealer and he confirmed that the lane-changing warning volume level is not adjustable. He said that software will be required to upgrade it. While I am waiting to hear when Volvo will be able to upgrade the software, can you tell me if there is a different way to fix this low-volume problem?

A: The volume of the warning is adjustable acc...

The volume of the warning is adjustable according to a quick reference. Some customers explain to use the volume controls during the lane change signal warning to increase or decrease volume. This seems a little unsafe, and I imagine this is where the software upgrade comes into play. As I have read elsewhere, you should wait for the warning and use the volume controls to adjust the volume. I hope this helps. If are still having problems, you may want to get in contact with the dealer for further advice on this.