Q: Knocking noise turning left 2009 Saturn Vue

When i make a left turn, there is a knocking sound. And a humming sound from the engine, louder than normal and when i turn the AC on it sounds like something knocking or catching like a fan blade fitting something.

Took the car to the dealer and told them about these and they claim to have fixed them. but they haven't.

A: Hello - the "knocking sound when turni...

Hello - the "knocking sound when turning left" is most likely a failing outer CV joint on the left, or driver side, of the vehicle. Turning, while accelerating, is hard on these joints. The CV joint/axle assembly will need to be replaced. the noise you indicate that arises when you turn on the air conditioning is most likely a worn AC compressor. It may run for a while, but more likely, it will fail fairly soon. I would recommend replacement of the CV joint/axle by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. An "under-the-hood inspection" is also in order for the noisy AC compressor.