Q: Knocking noise coming from engine

Ok my car has a loud knocking noise coming from it I was told I need a new engine

3. Knocking noise coming from engine

Q: All of the dashboard lights/icons came on and everything blacked out causing the car to shutdown completely while driving.

Hi there. The dash lights coming on and vehicle shutting down are, most likely, related to a charging system problem. It's fairly common for all the dash lights to come on with no alternator output, low voltage can cause unusual...

Q: My car knocks - 2006 Toyota Yaris

Hello. In newer vehicles with electronic fuel injection and ignition systems, engine knocking due to bad fuel or spark is extremely rare. In most cases, if the knocking sound is consistent and increases in speed as the RPM increases, it's...

Q: Changed battery twice in 2 weeks, I go to turn on and car is completely dead not even the lights work, what could it be? 2000 Acura TL

Hi there - a repeating "dead battery" scenario has a couple of possibilities. One possibility is a bad alternator that is not charging properly. With the engine running, the system voltage should be close to 14 volts if the alternator...