Q: Q: Knocking noise

When I first start my truck up on a cold morning, there is a very noticeable knocking noise. As it warms up it fades away. When I get in the cab and start driving it's noticeable. But it's worst when I first started in the morning. Is this a bad injector?

Hi there. In most cases, when you hear a constant knocking sound upon engine start, it’s due to a lack of lubrication or oil inside the engine (typically the cylinder heads and their components). Once the motor begins to warm up, oil then lubricates the rocker arms, lifters and valves and the noise will go away. This problem is caused by either low oil levels or a restriction of debris within the lubrication system; which can also cause an oil pump to fail or slowly wear out. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection, so a professional mobile mechanic can verify the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Q: Knocking noise