Q: knocking in my engine

I noticed knocking in my engine it was low but not that low had 7 quarts in the engine left give or take and all of a sudden my engine started knocking. I have a rebuilt engine with on 18,000 on the engine. Not sure what happened. Do you think my engine is shot with about 7 quarts left in the engine.

I’m assuming the truck has the 5.9ltr Cummins engine. While I cannot say if the engine is "shot" without looking it over myself, this engine has a 12 quart capacity. Being low 5 quarts is nearly 50% low on oil. That certainly could have caused some damage internally. If there are no oil leaks present to justify a 5 quart loss, then a compression test should be performed to determine if the engine is burning oil. As for the knocking noise, the cause might be best determined by whichever technician you choose to inspect the engine. It can very well be a connecting rod causing the noise.