Q: Kia Sporate Engine check light issue and car stalled this morning!

I have a Kia Sportage 2005 which I bought as a student. It has 145k miles on it and i have tried to fix the engine check light issue in the past but it always shows up. I went to two different mechanic before and both of them changed my spark plug and some wires in connection to fuel injection system. It hasn't even been eight months from my past mechanic visit and the engine check light came on again. From past 2 weeks I had the engine check light on and I went to autozone to check what the issue was. They said the code was p434 and said I had issues with fuel injection system or with fuel cap. I neglected that issue and this morning when I tried to start my car and the engine didn't crank. What might be a possible reason for that? What should I be doing? My car is seating at home and I don't have any equipment to check the car is this is a battery issue or an engine problem.

Thanks for the help!

The infamous "loose gas cap code" is P0442. P0434 is an issue with a heated catalytic converter not coming up to temperature quickly enough. It can be caused by the fuel injection being too rich. If you starter is not turning your engine over, the issue could be a dead battery.

If you can get it jumped off, most auto parts stores will check the battery for free. They will also, time permitting, check your engine codes for free. This will help guide diagnosis for whatever else is still wrong with your vehicle.

If you need assistance with the repairs from here, I would recommend having your Check Engine Light inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. YourMechanic can dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location for this repair.

3. Kia Sporate Engine check light issue and car stalled this morning!