Q: Q: Key wont turn

Took my 2004 Range Rover hse to have brakes and back left caliper replaced. I live in a small town so parts took two weeks for parts to come in. Battery drained so the shop guys jumped it off to move it They tell us its ready we go the key wont turn.We try to jump it off and nothing Key did work to unlock the door by using the fob the inside light did come on We can turn the steering wheel some We left it and went back the next morning We ask them to jump it off the same way they had been and nothing they say we need a new battery we have them charger it we can start it so we take it and have the battery tested and the battery is in fact good. so we drive it turn it off it restarts take the key out and it wont do anything again???Help

Hello, thank your for writing in about your Land Rover. This sounds like potentially a problem related to the key fob battery. When the battery in the fob is weak it will cause intermittent problems much like what you are describing. I would suggest replacing the battery in the fob to see if the problem persists. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can help diagnose the issue with your key if the problem continues and help you fix it as necessary. Good luck.

3. Q: Key wont turn