Q: Key won't turn all the way to turn the truck every thing is good battery good

Key won't turn all the way to turn the truck on i checked battery is good help

There is a few possible causes for this. First, the ignition lock cylinder can be worn or broken internally, keeping the key from turning all the way back. Another possibility is the shifter mechanism. If the shifter itself, or the shifter cable, is out of adjustment or worn, that will keep the ignition from turning fully. Also, the shifter interlock can be at fault. The shifter interlock links the brake pedal, shifter, and ignition. It’s main function is to make sure your foot is on the brake pedal when shifting gears. The shifter interlock can be bent or out of adjustment, also preventing the ignition from turning fully. Have a certified technician look into the ignition not turning for a proper diagnosis and to isolate the exact cause. .

3. Key won't turn all the way to turn the truck every thing is good battery good