Q: KEY WILL NOT TURN TO START CAR

key will not turn to start car

A: The keys for these vehicles are designed wi...

The keys for these vehicles are designed with the newer side cut style key. The have a groove cut on the side of the key. The problem may be with debris that can get in the keys cut channel, causing the key to not go all the way in so that the ignition can be turned. Clean out the grove and try the key again.

Another possible problem is that the steering wheel is binding from the position that the vehicle was turned in when the key was turned off. Try to move the steering wheel back and forth while turning the key and see if the lock releases. If this was the case, in the future keep the key clean, and when parking try to center the steering wheel to relieve any pressure on the steering before turning off the ignition key.

If these methods don't work, have a certified mechanic inspect your ignition issue to assess the problem accurately and find a fix.