Q: Key stuck. No power anywhere

I tried to start my car. Won't turn over. No lights etc. key stuck in ignition. Gear shift won't move. Steering wheel does turn. I had ignition replaced last year per recall. I am stumped by all this. Just another cobalt issue and I'm lost. Than you. Susan.

Your vehicle needs battery voltage to operate. What you are describing is a concern that there is no voltage present. There is a solenoid that requires voltage to get the gear shift out of park, it is a safety feature. This feature is also used for the ignition key as well.

The first thing to check (test) is the battery for proper voltage. A battery’s life span is three to five years and then it can fail. If you want to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and let you know what needs repair.