Q: Key stuck in ignition

Hi,I have a 2009 envoy and my key is stuck in th igniton.It will not let me move the key foward or backwards nor is the gears moving. what should I do?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: This problem usually is the cause of a worn...

This problem usually is the cause of a worn ignition lock cylinder. Sometimes you can jar the assembly loose while spraying electrical contact cleaner into the key hole. Do not use WD-40 or grease in the ignition lock cylinder. Spray the electrical contact cleaner into the keyhole and use the handle of a screw driver or wooden handle of a hammer to lightly bump the key while twisting. Once the key is released, call a mechanic! Try one of our mobile experts for assistance with your stuck key and help you fix it appropriately.