Q: Key not turning in ignition

The key will not turn in my car's ignition. I believe I may need a new ignition switch.

Hi there. The key in your car can be kept from moving for many of different reasons. You should start by pulling the steering wheel in both directions while trying to turn the key. If the wheel is held too far in one direction it can lock the key cylinder. If that doesn’t help, then the key lock cylinder or the ignition switch will need to be replaced. A mechanic would take these apart to be able to determine which one is failing. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the key problem your vehicle is encountering.