Q: Q: Key not turning all the way off

My car key is not turning all the way to the off position. In addition, my gear shift lever will not move out of park.

Sounds like you are having a problem with the shifter. The shifter and the key work together and have a safety mechanism that keeps you from turning the key back when it is not in park. This way you avoid accidentally turning your key and locking your steering wheel when the car is moving. If something fails in the shifter, for example the cable, the shifter won’t move into park properly. This in turn will keep the key from turning. Debris from the console can also get into the mechanism itself and cause issues. I would have your ignition inspected by a certified mechanic to ensure that you get the proper repairs.

3. Q: Key not turning all the way off