Q: Key hard to turn; car starts and turns off

I replaced the cylinder, and the key is hard to turn. The car starts, but then shuts off.

3. Key hard to turn; car starts and turns off

Q: My 2005 Saturn vue is starting to have high rpm's while driving

Hi there, A number of things may cause this to happen, but it sounds like your vehicle may be a bit low on transmission fluid or you may potentially have a bad transmission control solenoid. As you know, the transmission...

Q: My 2005 Kia Sorento doesn't have the power to go down the road. It will start and run, but it won't go faster than 35 mph.

Check to see if any vacuum lines were disconnected when your engine was serviced. A vacuum leak can cause the engine to have a loss of power under a load. If all of the vacuum lines are good, then the...

Q: No energy in the car - 1999 Nissan Maxima

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. If all fuses and the battery check out, then it sounds like there is a ground issue. Check for corrosion on the black ground cable for the battery. Make sure all connections are...