Q: Key doesn't lock door - 2000 Chrysler Neon

My key isn't working in the driver’s side door of my car. The lock turns in both directions when I turn the key in the lock, but it doesn't lock or unlock the door. My key works in the passenger side door and the ignition OK. Do you know how I can get my lock to work in the driver’s side door?

Inside the door, there is a mechanical assembly which connects the lock cylinder to the latches which engage or disengage the door lock. Any looseness or broken part between this connection can cause your symptoms. I recommend having an experienced technician remove the door panel and inspect the components inside in order to have your door lock diagnosed and repaired appropriately.

3. Key doesn't lock door - 2000 Chrysler Neon