Q: Battery sparking

I just changed alternator and now batter is sparking

3. Battery sparking

Q: Car won't go into gear ocassionally, 1990 Porsche 944

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1990 Porsche 944. A severely worn clutch will cause slippage and the vehicle will not move. Another common concern is the linkage between the shifter and transmission assembly. The cable and the...

Q: car running very rough, making oil 1990 Nissan/Datsun 300ZX

Hello - I suspect your cold start system has gone "full on" or you have leaking injectors. Without question your fuel system is pumping way too much fuel into the intake, leaking past the piston rings, and entering the crankcase....

Q: How do I turn off the check engine light after changing the timing chain?

Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help. Once the check engine light is on, the computer memory will need to be cleared. This has to be done with a computer scanner hooked to the OBD-II connector. If...