Q: just replaced radiator on 1996 Chevrolet automatic truck drove for 2 days very short distances was making strange noises but all g

just replaced radiator on 1996 Chevrolet automatic truck drove for 2 days very short distances was making strange noises but all gauges where good. Went to go out town got 35 to 40 miles away and truck wouldnt go anymore Like transmission went out , tried shifting in every gear but nothing look under truck and noticed alot of fluid all over the front. Had truck towed home and put on road. Started truck and it went into gear long enough to get into driveway. Could something clogging the radiator where the transmission line go in cause this? Did smell burnt transmission fluid and when i cked it the fluid was burt.

It sounds like the radiator replacement did not go according to plan. The transmission fluid is cooled through the radiator as well as the coolant. Often times there are small plastic caps that are inserted into the transmission line connections on a new radiator. If the transmission lines were installed over these plastic caps, the transmission fluid would have been restricted from entering the radiator. This would have caused a pressure build up that likely resulted in the leak you have. I would recommend determining if this plastic cap is still on the radiator first. If so, remove the cap and top off the transmission fluid to resolve this issue.

3. just replaced radiator on 1996 Chevrolet automatic truck drove for 2 days very short distances was making strange noises but all g