Q: Just replaced batteries,alternator and starter on 1987 C 3500. I have no clue what to do now. What should I look for next? Cables?

Just replaced batteries,alternator and starter on 1987 G 3500. Batteries keep dying even when truck is on. What should I look for next?

Hi Juan. Thanks for the question. A continual battery drain is usually caused by a parasitic drain - or there is some accessory that is continually open and operating. In most cases, this is caused by a damaged electrical relay. So, i’d start by checking all relays and fuses and replacing any that appear damaged. Also, you should check the electrical connections to the alternator and battery charging wires (especially the ground wire) to ensure you are not have issues with those cables.

3. Just replaced batteries,alternator and starter on 1987 C 3500. I have no clue what to do now. What should I look for next? Cables?