Q: Just picked up car from 90,000 mile service. They said tires are noisy, but they weren't when I dropped it off. What could it be?

I picked up my car from a service appt today and they left a note saying that my tires were noisy. The tires were not noisy when I dropped the car off. This service included tire rotation, so I am concerned that they could have done something wrong. I did notice that the car was making noise on my way home, but I could not tell where it was coming from. How much should I pay to get it checked out? What could be the problem?

If you take your hand and rub in each direction on each tire and it feels rough in one and smooth in the other direction then the tires were in need to be rotated and this may be the noise. If they are worn uneven like this then it will take a 1000 miles or more to start to wear back even and will get quieter.

3. Just picked up car from 90,000 mile service. They said tires are noisy, but they weren't when I dropped it off. What could it be?