Q: Just had the front brakes changed yesterday, along with an alignment and when I drive a shearing/screeching sound from the tires.

Just had the front brakes changed yesterday, along with an alignment and when I drive a shearing/screeching sound from the tires. Is it the bearings?

It sounds like something may have gone wrong with the brakes. I would recommend having the brakes rechecked to make sure that nothing is rubbing the rotors such as the dust shield or the caliper bracket. If you did the brakes, retrace your steps, and make sure that everything is installed correctly and that nothing is rubbing. If you had the brakes done by someone else, I would recommend asking them to take another look at the vehicle to determine if the noise you are hearing is related to the recent brake job. If you would like to have this looked at by someone else, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and assist you with the proper correction.

• Just had the front brakes changed yesterday, along with an alignment and when I drive a shearing/screeching sound from the tires.