Q: Just broke oil filler neck on 04 suburban, if the cap fits with out the neck is that Ok? Is there a purpose to the filler neck?

Just broke the oil filler neck, if the oil cap fits without the neck is that Ok? Is there a purpose to the oil filler neck

The filler neck is an extension so you can pour in oil without a funnel. if the cap will now fit and seal on lower portion or velve cover then you should be okay and jut use a funnel to add oil.

3. Just broke oil filler neck on 04 suburban, if the cap fits with out the neck is that Ok? Is there a purpose to the filler neck?