Q: Jolt experience after a hard stop

This afternoon I had to stop quickly and it felt like the brakes weren't fully engaged. I had to swerve to miss a car and as I straightened up, the truck bolted and the tires screeched. I've had the truck do this before, but not as violently (because it wasn't a near-crash situation). It wouldn't accelerate and I released the gas pedal and lightly excelerated. I turned it off for a while and now it's fine - until the next time it bolts. What do you suggest?

A: Toyota has several TSB (Technical Service B...

Toyota has several TSB (Technical Service Bulletin)'s out regarding brake issues on the 05 Tundra. One is an inconsistent or lower pedal feel that seems consistent with the issue you have described. There is a new anti-squeal shim that Toyota has developed that addresses this problem. The brake pads would have to be removed to install the new shim. The entire brake system needs to be inspected and a fault survey of the ABS system needs to be completed. However, as mentioned above, the TSB is only one possibility of the issue you are experiencing. You may want to enlist the help of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and expertise to safely inspect your braking, steering, and suspension system.