Q: Jeep won't start - only clicks

My Jeep won’t start. All I get from it is clicks. Before leaving it overnight, I disconnected the battery and turned the ignition off/on rapidly, pushing on the starter and connection seems good. Next morning, I reconnected battery and it started. This had happened one time last week. What should I try next to find out why this is happening?

A: On Jeep Commanders there can be loose conta...

On Jeep Commanders there can be loose contact/heat issues with the connector between the starter and the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). This can cause a host of issues including not starting. In some instances the connector can be cleaned, but it is usually damaged from overheating. Fortunately, that section of wiring harness is a serviceable part. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the knowledge and tools to diagnose and correct the source of your no start condition.