Q: Jeep will turn over and try to start but shoots back pressure out of the intake

My jeep prior to replacing the crank shaft sensor. Now it will turn over and get very close to starting but doesn't, and is pushing back pressure out of the intake. The timing chain has been replaced, I can't figure out what's wrong.

Hi there. If it is shooting pressure back through the intake then either the valve timing is off or the crank sensor is not reading correctly. I would typically start by checking the compression. If the compression is off on all cylinders then the cam timing is incorrect. If it is low on only one or two cylinders then you may have a bad valve seat on those cylinders. If the compression is fine then the ignition timing appears to be off. This can be caused by a defective crank sensor, a wiring issue or a computer problem. I would also make sure that all of the ignition coils are installed correctly with the correct routing. From my experience with this vehicle it sounds like a valve seat problem. If you want to have this no start checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to [diagnose why it is sending pressure through the intake] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

• Jeep will turn over and try to start but shoots back pressure out of the intake