Q: Jeep takes has trouble starting initially and now has a cylinder 6 misfire

Bout the jeep used about 6 months ago. Kept getting multiple cylinder misfire codes. Dealer rebuilt the engine. Over past few months it won't start on first turn. But will if I crank it for a second . Turn it off. Then crank it again. And now today my check engine light came on with a cylinder 6 misfire. I think it may be the fuel pump?

A: The misfire could be caused by a lack of fu...

The misfire could be caused by a lack of fuel pressure. Cylinder 6 is usually the last cylinder to be fed by the fuel rail, and when the pressure is low, it can suffer from a lack of fuel. But, there are several other possible causes for a cylinder misfire. I would suggest having a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic, take a look at the vehicle, and diagnose what is causing the misfire.