Q: jeep started to act up and stalls randomly at slow speed or at a stop.

I Bought the jeep of a kid he said it was sitting for a little while check engine light is on for an o2 sensor probably the one they deleted but what could make the jeep stall randomly.

Hi there. An engine that randomly stalls, can be caused by any number of things. A fairly common stalling issue for the 4.0L is, a faulty CKP (crankshaft position sensor). This could be accompanied by, although not always, a check engine light and a P0335 trouble code. A dirty/faulty IAC (idle air control) valve could also cause random stalling. It is possible, a faulty O2 (oxygen) sensor could affect the engine idle, as the ECM (engine control module) uses information from the O2 sensor and other sensors to help determine the fuel delivery. Low fuel pressure, vacuum leaks, and other sensors, could also create random stalling issues. Proper diagnoses should be performed, to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s engine randomly stalls be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. jeep started to act up and stalls randomly at slow speed or at a stop.