Q: I've just had a new clutch pedal fitted and now my gears 1st and 2nd want go into gear when the engine is cold.

when the engine is warm all the gears work fine

Hi there. Try using 75/90 Synthetic transmission oil in the transmission. This may help the transmission for the shifting issue. This is a normal condition during a break in period, however, with 100,000 miles on the transmission the synchronizers could be worn out for the gears 1st and 2nd. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission issue.

• I've just had a new clutch pedal fitted and now my gears 1st and 2nd want go into gear when the engine is cold.