Q: its overheatng the second i start it when its been sitting for several days what can this be

i can start my car and as soon as i do the temp goes as high as it possibly can when i havent been driving it and it has good clean coolent in it and i dont even think the engine is actually overheating

Hello. If the temperature is rising right when you start it then it usually is not a overheating issue. Even with a bad overheating problem the engine usually takes a while to warm up. It sounds like you have a bad coolant temperature sensor, a wiring problem, or a gauge issue. Most of the time it is the sensor or the connection at the sensor that causes this. I typically fully test the sensor and the circuit first and if nothing is found I replace the instrument cluster. If you need this temperature reading problem fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

• its overheatng the second i start it when its been sitting for several days what can this be