Q: Its overheating my chevrolte..can you help

I have a 2012 chevrlote malibu.in my car makes noise when i turn on the air.my air went out but the heat was working until 2days ago..it started blowing cold air.in i turn the engine off sounds like its still going.and now my temperature gage is saying my car is getting hot..but it immediately slowly goes down but still around the h..help me

Hello. You are likely experiencing a cooling system failure. If the vehicle is overheating, then there is something that is stopping it from flowing through they engine and radiator. This may be due to the water pump failing to move the coolant, a clog in the system somewhere, a failed thermostat, or a broken radiator or fan. The best thing to do is look for signs of failure. Are there any leaks? Have you noticed steam or boiling occurring? You can pressure test the system and see if there is a leak anywhere. You can flush the radiator and cooling system to attempt to dislodge a clog if there is one. If the coolant is low and the thermostat is not submerged in coolant, it will not give you an accurate reading on your dashboard. Start testing and inspecting the cooling system and take the proper steps to repair the issue you find.