Q: It won't start unless the door locks work

Put new battery in, started it up, but won't start unless the door locks work

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. This a common issue with the anti-theft feature in your car, which is reset when changing the battery. In the fuse box, there should be a fuse marked "MALL PGM." Remove this and get in the car and close the doors. Turn the ignition a few times (usually about 3-5), then press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on your key fob until you see and hear the door locks cycle. Reinstall the fuse and this should fix your issue.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to make the necessary repairs.

Hope this helps and best of luck!