Q: It won't start from ignition but will with a screw driver on the relay

Got this truck for 135$ and put a new clutch in and it. It was at my friends house he hooked me up with the deal, so it sat up there for awhile and one day his dad takes my steering column off so he could fix his truck. well before he did that it would turn over from the ignition but after it got put back in it wouldn't crank from the ignition but it would crank if I used a screwdriver on the relay. He assumes it's the nss but all the wires are hooked up under the dash and on the transmission and it never had that problem before. After i said ++++ it I'll just drive it like this the timing gear went out one day so I decided to do a engine rebuild just the gaskets no rods ect... I got finished and it wouldn't start from the relay with a screwdriver but I got it to compression start. Does anyone know or have a clue what's wrong here I'm stumped I'm also only 18 so any help would be great. All the wires are good, the ignition will turn the battery on and all that but it won't crank help.

The truck has a clutch safety switch on the clutch lever inside the truck that requires the clutch to be pressed in to crank the motor. The ignition switch sends power to clutch switch and then if clutch switch is closed or jumped then the power will be sent to the starter relay small wire on relay. You need to verify the start signal is coming out of ignition switch to the clutch switch. If power makes it to switch then you most likely have a bad clutch switch. If no power from ignition switch in start position then replace ignition switch.

3. It won't start from ignition but will with a screw driver on the relay