Q: It will chug and die when put in gear

So my Dodge will chug and die if you start and go right away. But if you let it idle for a while, it won't do it at all. Confused at what this could be?

Hello, thanks for writing in. This is usually caused by an idle issue with the vehicle. Most of the time this occurs because the throttle body is failing or because the throttle body is dirty. I usually clean it first to see if it helps. If not, then the throttle body usually needs to be replaced. I will usually test the throttle body first before replacing it. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.