Q: Q: It turns over but won't start

I have a 97 Pontiac Grand Am and I put a fuel pump a fuel filter and spark plugs and it will turn over but won't start can you help?

You should check to see if you have spark to the spark plugs. If you do not then you may have a bad crank sensor.

If you scan the computer and monitor the readings from the cam and crankshaft sensors once the engine is cranked, you should be able to see which is at fault. The most common issue for this problem is the crankshaft sensor going bad which causes the loss of spark.

If you decide to get some help, consider getting some assistance from a certified mechanic who can diagnose your starting issue and make the necessary repairs to get your car running normally.

3. Q: It turns over but won't start