Q: it stalls every 3 weeks at any speed-without engine light warning.Computer check clean.After sitting for 15 min-restarts.

Odyssey stalls out at any speed without warning.No engine lights come on when it happens-and a computer check shows no issues.Had the CPV valve replaced,fuel filter checked.It happens roughly every 500 miles-and then sits for 15 minutes-and then restarts.Has brand new transmission and timing belt.I took it to the Honda dealer-and mechanics cannot find anything wrong.One mechanic told me to replace the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor). It does not have one.Any ideas ?

I have not ran into this problem before and it seems the other mechanics that looked at it haven’t either. They do not want to replace a part if they cannot verify the problem. That is the key for a mechanic to properly diagnose what is causing the stall. If I were to take a guess then I would say your fuel pump or the crankshaft sensor are intermittent and will continue to do the same until one day it won’t restart and you will have to get it towed. Next time the problem is happening, see if you can hear the fuel pump in the tank when you just turn the key to on. The pump should be heard for a couple of seconds and then turn off until you cycle the key again. If the fuel pump hums then it may not be the problem and you may be loosing spark from the crankshaft sensor. When the vehicle dies pay attention to see if the engine seems to slowly loose power and then stalls, or if the engine just dies like turning off the key. This will help a mechanic to properly diagnose the cause. If you want another opinion, you can contact the professional technicians available though YourMechanic, to diagnose your stalling issue.

• it stalls every 3 weeks at any speed-without engine light warning.Computer check clean.After sitting for 15 min-restarts.